• Could you bring yourself to evict a family, or a person who’s fallen on hard times i.e. if they were made redundant, or became terminally ill?
• How would you go standing up in the Tenancy Tribunal and arguing a case?
• Do you understand your rights, obligations and procedures under the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 & Residential Tenancies Amendment Act 2010?
• How will you manage the tenancy if you go overseas or on holiday?
• Do you know how to find out if your potential tenants have ever been evicted or have a poor rental history?
• Do you feel comfortable with being on-call 24/7?
• Do you have access to qualified and insured tradespeople at short notice?
• Are you organised and assertive enough to chase up late rent immediately?
• Do you know the warning signs for a methamphetamine lab?
• Do you have access to appropriate landlord specific insurance?
• Could you better use the time involved somewhere else?
Yes, our staff are live and breathe Auckland. Having resided and worked in various suburbs across Auckland – we know this place in and out.
Of course! Our standard inspection periods are every 13 weeks. As an owner, you will receive an email update with a clear description of the house condition, along with detailed photos. For anything requiring urgent attention i.e. maintenance or safety issues, you will also be advised by way of a phone call. This is to ensure all issues are dealt with immediately and effectively.
We review current rents every 6 months at a minimum, to ensure you are receiving the best possible income for your investment. We match statistics of current market rent in the area of similar properties along with available rental listings.
Yes. Provided we have your authority to do so
It can be difficult to work out an average period, due to the forever changing rental market. Currently around 2-3 weeks, this includes advertising, scheduling of viewing times, screening of applicants, and acceptance of an agreement by the prospective tenant. From there, the move in costs are paid and confirmation of the tenancy start date is confirmed. The period of the tenancy can be at your discretion. Periodic or Fixed term.
Yes. Our staff have completed training in this area which is on-going, keeping our Property Managers up to date and familiar with the rules and regulations as they change within the RTA .
Yes, our current portfolio consists of over 140 rental properties and owners who have trusted us to manage their assets for an average of 10 years.
Via email initially however if the maintenance is urgent, we will phone you to advise and given instruction we will proceed with necessary steps. If however, we are unable to reach you, we generally have a rule of thumb, being to keep the repair under the equivalent of one weeks rent,
You have the option to request quotes prior to any repair work commencing unless it is an emergency. As a property manager we must follow our obligations / duty of care for the health and safety of the tenant. If the emergency requires immediate attention, we will proceed with our process.